Moving can be incredibly hectic, and most people dread it. However, it’s often an unavoidable, inevitable part of life. The task of unpacking can be daunting after making the big move. Do not leave boxes lying around your apartment for weeks because you feel too lazy to open them. There is an easy and quick way Miami apartment movers use to get you settled into your apartment in a matter of days. So, are you ready to unpack those boxes? Here are a few tricks for unpacking and organizing your apartment.
How to Unpack and Organize your House
Never unpack before you clean the house. Remember that this apartment initially belonged to someone else. Therefore, the previous tenant’s level of hygiene may be different from yours. It is easier to clean without having to push things around. So, before you start filling the apartment with your household stuff, do a thorough cleaning. Before you begin unpacking, ensure all boxes are labeled and put each box in the appropriate room. By doing this, you will have a more organized unpacking process.
- Start by unpacking your bedroom. Moving and unpacking is a long and tiring process. Therefore, you need a place to rest at the end of the day.
- The next room to unpack is the kitchen. While moving, you will find that the kitchen items occupy the most space. So, it is better to be done with them early. Plus, you will likely need to use your kitchen immediately.
- Get the bathroom ready. Ensure that the bathroom curtain is in place. Unpack your towels and any other bathroom necessities. Enjoy a long shower after a day of unpacking.
- Open the remaining boxes. After handling the bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, some boxes will be left untouched. Ensure that you open them and organize the stuff accordingly. Do not postpone this task. Have a clear view of how you want your apartment to look and reorganize where necessary.
- Don’t forget your clothes. Unpack them from the suitcase and start arranging them in your closet. This part of unpacking also applies to your shoes.
- Set up the television. After organizing the entire house, it is time to get the television out. Save this for last because you do not need distractions when arranging the apartment.
- Clean the house again. During the unpacking process, the apartment is bound to get dirty again. Tidy up the house and store away all moving boxes for future use. Dust up the television and kitchen countertops, floors and any other place that may require your attention a second time.
Following these tips above will help you settle down into your apartment much faster. The worst enemy of unpacking and organizing a house after a move is procrastination. Do your best to start unpacking immediately and be done with it as soon as those boxes come through the door.